Copyright 2012 gkfunnia.com. All Rights Reserved
Earn upto Rs. 9,000 pm checking Emails. Join now!
GK questions compiled from different question papers and news papers are given here. Answers are at the end.
1. Many of us use USB drive. What does USB stand for?
2. Which is the only sovereign state with general international
recognition that is not a UN member?
3. Where was the Olympic torch, for the London games, lit ceremonially using the sun's rays?
4. Recently Parliament of India celebrated 60 th anniversaries. Why?
5. You may know about ISO standards. What does the ISO stand for?
6. What does PNR stand for in PNR number used in Railway booking?
7. Name the Prime minister of India who nationalized 14 Indian banks?
8. What is the age limit to contest as (i) MLA (ii) MP (iii)
9. What is the name of the browser developed by Yahoo?
10. How many times Viswanathan Anand has won world championship
11. Who won the Aslansha cup 2012 in hockey?
12. What is the place India got in Aslansha cup hockey tournament?
13. Name the newly elected French President.
14. Which is the world's most used browser?
1. Universal serial bus
2. Vatican City
3. Ancient Olympia in Greece
4. On May 13, 1952, the first day of the first session of the first Parliament of India was held.. Both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha met at quarter to eleven in the morning
5. ISO is derived from "isos" meaning equal.
6. PNR -- Passenger Name Record
7. Smt. Indra Gandhi
8. For MLA ---- Not less than 25
For MP ----- Not less than 25
For Presidential candidate --- Not less than 35
10. 5 times
11. New Zealand
12. 3 rd place
13. Francois Hollande
Updated on 16-Jan-2013